Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 16-Nov-2010 01:14:53

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

Cmake system prototype.

Hi,

I made tests some times ago to make the compilation system more flexible. Indeed, all the scols compilation projects uses differents version of visual studio, v2009 for the maintained and in active development, which is not very handfull if the developer had a different version (i used msvs2008 express for a while at home, and recently switch to msvs2010 express).
As a habits with microsoft, files generated by their tools are not backward compatible with older versions (please, do not feed the troll big_smile).
Plus, the linux compilation has become an headhake, due to outdated makefiles (when they're exists).
So, i turn myself to cmake, as i found this tool very useful in ogre (and i succesfully used it in some personals projects).

The test i made is now on an svn branch, as a "startpoint", cause i will not have the time myself to make some improvment to it for the moment.
Check the svn log, i put lots of important notes in it, while commiting this branch.
And don't hesitate to talk here if some points are still not clear.

Nodrev

Last edited by Nodrev (16-Nov-2010 01:16:00)

#2 16-Nov-2010 13:48:11

kenshin1987

Re: Cmake system prototype.

Cmake is right,Ogre3d project use Cmake too

#3 16-Nov-2010 23:25:20

Nodrev

Just commited the vm5 cmake version.
Next priority will be to convert usmwin (i think it's broken, not tested, but i pretty sure cause includes directories have changed...).
I'll write a cmake tuto asap in another post.

Nodrev.

#4 17-Nov-2010 00:20:01

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

Thanks, i updated

#5 17-Nov-2010 00:37:39

Nodrev

Just committed usmwin converted to cmake.
No problem with release, but you may remark that i added a '_d' at the end of the scol.dll for debug build, as lots of libraries does.
Goto sleep (:o wahhh), bye!

Board footer