Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 6-May-2012 19:27:55

hebdemnobad
Website

shader problem

hmmm, a shader problem. this scene includes the same .hlsl files for the figures built into the scene (the two walking guys with mohawks) and for the avatars that appear and move around in the scene using the modified chat script that arkeon, iri, and anyone I forgot, helped me so much with.

the two figures built into the scene are lit by two lights, so they are lit from in front and in back.  the avatar figures that are created when the user logs on only are lit by one light....but i'm using the same .hlsl file for both.  i've looked at my avatar/chat script and it loads the identical .hlsl file.

the scene is posted here

can anyone else reproduce the problem?

-h

#2 6-May-2012 19:40:21

hebdemnobad
Website

Re: shader problem

solved...the .xos file loaded a resource from a resource directory still in the project, which used an old .hlsl file that only uses one light....loaded from a directory kid1.  i put the newer hlsl file in that directory and things work now in the scene i'll post.

a bug? when i deleted the kid1 figure, the  project still uses the kid1 directory....is there a way i can delete a resource directory?

-h

#3 6-May-2012 21:39:02

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

in this case you must remove unused resources from the resources tab

#4 6-May-2012 21:43:23

hebdemnobad
Website

arkeon wrote:

in this case you must remove unused resources from the resources tab

the unused resources are not present in the resources tab, but the resource directory is present in the resource directory tab, and the editor uploads the contents of the orphaned resource directory to the server.

-h

#5 6-May-2012 21:45:10

hebdemnobad
Website

i replaced the offending one-light shader file in the orphaned resource directory and now the one light shader does not interfere with any figures any more

posted here

Board footer