Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 11-Aug-2016 13:26:59

jens.hellermann

First Person Avatar

Hey there,

here comes another noob question. I'd like to create this typical 1st person avatar, no matter if it is a car, a person or a boat. But I didn't find a method to do so. I believe it should be really easy, but I couldn't find the solution yet.

Any hint is very welcome.

Kind regards, Jens.

#2 11-Aug-2016 14:04:38

jens.hellermann

Re: First Person Avatar

While reading through some random posts, I found arkeons third person emulation:

#Here a more complete sample for 3rd view player camera with collision
#
#http://arkeon.dyndns.org/scol/os3d/sin_keybmove.xos

I loaded it, but could not exit the play mode via escape. hmm otherwise really good.

I wanted to do that with the fps control, but that should be quite easy to handle just replacing keyboard inputs wir fps ones!?

#3 11-Aug-2016 14:38:37

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Hello,

the shortcut to stop the APP in editor is "Ctrl + Backspace", not esc.
yes the FPS plugIT is made to manage a navigation like FPS games.

#4 16-Aug-2016 14:48:03

jens.hellermann

Hello Arkeon and others,

I first integrated the keyboard function to steer my avatar, which is a plane. Certainly the easiest thing to begin with... Now I try to let the plane fly in a curve, but this is far more difficult than I thought, because I have to read out the roll axis of the plane to decide, how steep the curve would be.

And I have no idea, how I could use the fps controller here, as I cannot use simple button requests. Hmm, I'm stuck.

Any suggestions, I could also post a zip file of the project, if someone wants to take a look at it!? (and if someone told me how to post it!!)

Nooooob, me noooob.

#5 16-Aug-2016 14:52:48

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

You can add input keyboard plugins to add key
And define links with control action
You can also use the joy pad plugins linked on control

Board footer