Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 17-Nov-2014 23:11:44

hebdemnobad
Website

can the vm query whether a plugit is enabled or not? [resolved]

colleagues:

can the vm query whether a specific plugit is enabled or not? this arises from my prior post about navigation plugits.

if an author has a project with more than one navigation plugit, is there any way the vm could determine (in a prerender callback) that a specific plugit is currently enabled or disabled? 

that way a player app can alter its tips to the user on navigation.

Last edited by hebdemnobad (18-Nov-2014 15:46:11)

#2 17-Nov-2014 23:48:04

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

Re: can the vm query whether a plugit is enabled or not? [resolved]

hebdemnobad wrote:

can the vm query whether a specific plugit is enabled or not?

Sorry, but your question is on the Scol language (VM and its plugins) or OS3d (and its plugits) ?

About the VM, an easy mehod exists to test if a Scol library is loaded or not. But i don't think this is what you wish to do.
About OS3D, i don't know, arkeon will tell you.
You should not confuse the language and an application smile

#3 17-Nov-2014 23:53:54

hebdemnobad
Website

i just meant plugits. another sidebar for the oreilly book. there are several vb.net oreilly books on my desk now for what its worth.

when the scol one comes out, pick a good animal. perhaps something that roamed southern France 10,000 years ago. I don't think I've seen any oreilly books with wooly rhinoceros, but then again they have published a huge amount of books.

Last edited by hebdemnobad (17-Nov-2014 23:57:21)

#4 18-Nov-2014 00:40:59

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

hehe smile

actually since plugits are executed in another channels there is no way but using specific links to know which plugit is enable or not, each plugit is "enable" when the instance is created.

one way I got in mind to do what you are looking for should be to test the name of the current camera on the viewport since navigation plugit create a camera with a specific name.

so get the current default camera name and use strfind to look for examine or fps camera static name part.

#5 18-Nov-2014 00:43:19

hebdemnobad
Website

arkeon wrote:

hehe smile

one way I got in mind to do what you are looking for should be to test the name of the current camera on the viewport since navigation plugit create a camera with a specific name.

so get the current default camera name and use strfind to look for examine or fps camera static name part.

thx arkeon, i think i can do that
atm i'm rebuilding my broken octopus...

#6 18-Nov-2014 00:46:25

arkeon
Website

what was broken ? I don't remember that I made too much change on player in 1.8 (just added the download part and base directory maybe.

#7 18-Nov-2014 00:50:09

hebdemnobad
Website

arkeon wrote:

what was broken ? I don't remember that I made too much change on player in 1.8 (just added the download part and base directory maybe.

changed path setting.
i'm still going to rebuild my octopus, since you use better downloading functions (i used inet, and my understanding is that objcurl is better)

fun loadOS3D (file, projname, pw, ph, fullscreen, bitmap, bitmap8, alphabitmap, window, container, compbitmap, font, comptext, environment)=

let "tools/os3dlib/tools.pkg"::

//etc

in 1.8, the path is this:

fun loadOS3D(file, projname, pw, ph, fullscreen)=

let "os3dlib/tools.pkg"::

Last edited by hebdemnobad (18-Nov-2014 01:00:10)

#8 18-Nov-2014 01:09:58

arkeon
Website

yes I set the base directory from the current one so now the player / editor code can be in any other directory, not only in tools. (I forgot when I did that ^^)

Board footer