Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 10-Jun-2014 07:27:58

metind

Real and scene coordinates

Hi,

I dont want to AR marker to set any object in real camera input. For this process i want to use any device that can collect 3d coordinates of real video input and then set related object in video. I can use serial port but which plugits must be used dont know. Is there any info about it? or any example...

Best regards,

#2 10-Jun-2014 07:54:18

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Real and scene coordinates

Hello !

sorry I don't understand the question ^^
can you be more specific ?

#3 10-Jun-2014 09:47:31

metind

Ok I think have to explain clearly.I am in room and  I have a webcam and getting video from this device and i will call this input as real time video. And I have a scene and in this scene some objects... When i walk in room, a device gets the coordinates of my place in room and sends it via serial port. I want to use this data that is send via serial port as coordinate in scene and also scene must be appears on the real time video. I think now its clear. Firstly i will not use any marker for AR, second i will get real time coordintaes to use in scene.

#4 10-Jun-2014 10:16:02

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Hello, so yes you can use the Serial plugIT to read the 3D position and use it with an object Position or Object Control plugIT.
For the video you should use the AR capture plugIT to force the camera FOV / ratio to match with the webcam.

Board footer