Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 7-Oct-2010 15:10:49

kikislater

Full support for Linux

Hi,

I think it wiil be interesting for users to extend openspace 3d to linux. Not via wine but full support !
Ogre3d work fine on Linux, Why not OpenSpace 3d ?

Cheers,

Sylvain

Last edited by kikislater (7-Oct-2010 15:11:40)

#2 7-Oct-2010 16:11:39

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

Re: Full support for Linux

Hello,

Effectively, linux support will be great, and almost all the dependencies that are used for the SO3Engine are multiplatform friendly.
The problem is that OpenSpace runs on a scol virtual machine, that is only working (for the last version) with windows.
So, in order to move openSpace to linux, we first need to move SO3Engine to Linux, and to do that, we need to move the new Scol vm to linux too.
For my part, i already have a scol vm working on my ubuntu, but to compile it, i had to redo the compiling system (i use cmake, and plan to migrate to this for everithing in the scol repository), and to disable some os-like functions (network, etc), that are to be rewrited for the moment. I know that Iri is working on a GTK version of one scol plugin (lib2d) too.
I do that when i get time (not very much for the moment sad), but it's planned smile!

#3 7-Oct-2010 17:49:50

kikislater

Re: Full support for Linux

ok thank you for your reply !
So I have to wait ...

Board footer