Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 19-May-2012 14:08:44

dhika11march

using flash as texture

hello,
can I using the flash interface as texture in object?
ok, maybe this is so strange, but maybe it can possible smile
thanks!

#2 19-May-2012 15:43:42

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: using flash as texture

Yes you can for flash, web navigator or even webcam
in the plugIT you just have to select the texture where you want it to appear

#3 28-May-2012 21:51:10

dhika11march

hello,
but it didn't work! sad

i have been imported the .mesh file into scene, also the .material.
then I put flash interface plugIT, and then I manage the properties like this:

- i have been checked on Apply to texture

- in object name --> I fill with the object I mean, and then in the filled box (under object name box) there is a material appeared.

- then I browse the .swf to use as texture.

THEN
I also set the marker, in the dialog box I filled in the object name, that is plane as object.

i maked a relation between marker plugIT and flsh interface, that is marker.found --> flashinterface.show

My purpose is to make my flash interface appear on the plane object when marker found.
but, i dont know why ican't success to do this.
Maybe I'm wrong while manage the relation, or filled object, or whatever...

Please help me to fix it.
Thanks!

#4 28-May-2012 21:54:26

arkeon
Website

what's wrong ? the flash texture not appear on the material or the .show is not throw ?

to apply a flash or web texture your material must have an applied simple texture first.

#5 28-May-2012 22:02:49

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

To summarize :

• First thing to do : have a texture already set

• Second thing to do : replace the first texture by what you want

#6 31-Jul-2012 10:26:40

pa3kp

Hi all!
I'm using OS3D 1.1 and I'm having great problems with the use of flash/web interface as texture. I don't know where's the problem.
As iri said, I prepared in Blender a simple plane with material and texture (png) and exported it in Ogre. An exam of the exported object in OgreMeshy reveals, that the texture is present, but is strangely distributed on the surface.
When I replace the texture by applying the flash interface, the texture changes, but the flash interface is not visible.
Here you can find all the files that I used in my simple test: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3081204/OS3D/plane02.zip.
Can please somebody tell me, where is the problem? Am I doing something wrong when creating the object or is something else?
Thank you in advance for all your effort and have a nice day!

#7 31-Jul-2012 11:23:53

arkeon
Website

Hello,

first you didn't import the material file in openspace (in the version you sent)

which exporter do you use ? your material is badly configured and your texture is in Environment mode, so the map change with the camera orientation.

#8 31-Jul-2012 18:56:08

pa3kp

Is "importing the material" choosing the desired material (scene.material) when "Add resources to scene"?

I'm using one of the blender2ogre exporters in Blender 2.5x or 2.6x. I don't know which is its version and which version is the newest or the best. I'll try this one http://blender2ogre.googlecode.com/file … -0.5.5.zip later.

In Blender I'm simply adding material and texture to a simple object and sincerelly don't know how is possible that the material is badly configured and how to change the texture in another mode. When the object is rendered in Blender everything looks ok.

#9 31-Jul-2012 20:57:18

arkeon
Website

It seems that blender2ogre should be the best

when you import a .scene the material script in the same directory is loaded

#10 8-Aug-2012 23:03:38

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

Another thing that you must check when creating materials that uses textures with blender is that you use the "UV coordinate" mapping (in "textures" panel, "mapping" subpanel"), not the default "generated" one, otherwise it will not work. That's how Ogre works with blender, it's a bit of supplementary work because you will need to "unwrap" your model in the uv editor.

Board footer