Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 9-May-2012 09:42:54

dhika11march

environment setting

hello,

can I modified the environment setting?

I just want to use the universe background.
so i don't enable the water setting, also I dont set the clouds, winds, and others, so that the background is only
dark sky with the stars.

but, when i'm looking around, I found that the dark sky isn't full.
so it look like the hole that empty.

can I set this so that theresn't hole in the background?

thanks!

#2 9-May-2012 15:06:32

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

Re: environment setting

Hi,

The sky is rendered as a "dome" (as in most engine I know), but the dome mesh is generated in SO3Engine without possibility at this time to alter it with Scol code...
And even if a full sphere was generated, I'm not sure that the shader which is used to render the sky on the dome will render the night sky as you wish below the surface.
Maybe that if you want a full environment night sky, a SkyBox will be a better solution? There's a tool that generates some pretty one, I think about SpaceScape.
You can generate a cool skybox with this tool, then add resources to your scene, and finally add a skybox with a right click on the scene tree.
Furthermore, the rendering will be faster than with the integrated skydome (but you will loose stars animation, which is, as far as I understand what you want to do, not mandatory for your case).

Last edited by Nodrev (9-May-2012 15:07:17)

#3 9-May-2012 17:13:43

dhika11march

Re: environment setting

Ok thanks Nodrev for your help!

It's very help to solve my problem about environment setting..

I will try soon and I wish I could success!

Board footer