Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 3-Apr-2012 15:39:44

dhika11march

Material doesn't appear in OS3D

Hi All, I have some problem on exporting the 3d object from 3ds max 2011 to ogre format. I'm using ogremax, and I have been set some parameter in ogre dialog box, then I'm exporting the object into .scene that contain of .mesh and .material.

But,

When I add resources to scene, then appeared an error message "... don't contain all the correct resources path". So, I only can imported the sphere as .mesh file. In OS3D stage I only get the sphere without material.

--

Please help me to fix it.
Thanks!
big_smile

#2 3-Apr-2012 16:37:14

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

Re: Material doesn't appear in OS3D

Probably some resources are not in the Scol partition. Check paths

#3 3-Apr-2012 20:07:25

dhika11march

OK, but I don't quite understand about the path of scol partition. Is this located on My Document > Scol Voyager > Partition_LocalUsr?
If ya, maybe I must locate my directory at this partition so that I can added the resources.

Thankyou!

#4 3-Apr-2012 20:45:05

iri
Website

Yes, yours resources must be in this folder (or any sub folders).
When you create a project in 3dsmax (or other soft like Blender, ...), put all needed resources in the same folder :

../your_project/
../your_project/materials/
../your_project/shaders/
../your_project/other_things/

etc

Next, you can export safely

#5 3-Apr-2012 20:48:04

iri
Website

A brief explanation :

Scol can read all files only if they are in a Scol partition. Outside, they are ignored. So, remember this smile

#6 3-Apr-2012 21:19:19

dhika11march

OK iri, thanks for your explanations,

I have been locate my project folder, the directory name is TA, like this structure:

Scol Voyager>Partition_LocalUsr > TA >   In this folder, it contain subfolder, that is "bitmap", "mesh", "material", and "model". This subfolder was added when I exported the ogre format from 3ds max 2011 using ogremax.

In folder "material", we can find file .material, also
in folder  "mesh", we can find .mesh
in folder  "bitmap", we can find images that used as texture for my .mesh object.

BUT,

When I 'add resources to scene', the error message was appeared, it said, " The file TA/material/scene.material do not contain all the correct resources path.
Do you want to rewrite with correct scol path?"

--

I still so confused with this problem, I was tried many times and ensure that I was locating my directory project in the scol partition.

Thankyou!

#7 3-Apr-2012 22:01:58

iri
Website

You can edit the scene.material file (with notepad by example) and check paths (Scol is case sensitive)

#8 3-Apr-2012 22:54:48

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

In fact since the Last OS3D version the scol partition is now located in "my documents/OpenSPace3D"

the message asking to rewrite material path is normal, this modify the material script and automatically relocate resources path relative to scol partition, just click ok ^^

another thing if you don't use advanced ogremax settings try the Easy Ogre Exporter, it's free, LGPL and really easier with an automatic shader generation from standard max materials

#9 3-Apr-2012 23:46:06

dhika11march

but, when I using easy ogre exporter I found the error message at 3ds max 2011, so I'm using ogremax for a while. But, I want to try the easy ogre exporter later..

#10 3-Apr-2012 23:49:01

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

strange hmm please can you report the error you get with easy ogre exporter ?
http://redmine.scolring.org/projects/eoe/issues/new

Board footer