Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 12-Feb-2012 03:26:27

binary1

problem with installation

I clicked on "Download OpenSpace3D" and downloaded openspace3d_editor_setup.exe.  I found the Scol Voy@ger icon on the taskbar but can't find an openspace3d icon.  I went to the installation directory and ran tutorial.scol.  That brought up openspace3d player, which looks great but I can't find the editor.  Are there other files I need to download?  Did I click on the wrong link?  Thanks for your help.

#2 12-Feb-2012 11:40:51

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

Re: problem with installation

Hello and welcome

You should have a link in your start menu > Programs.

If not (it is not normal), you can launch Openspace3d from the explorer :
go to the Scol installation directory (by default in c:\Programs\Scol Voyager)
Next, clicks on "Partition_LockedApp" > "Tools" > "os3deditor" > "os3deditor.scol"

#3 12-Feb-2012 14:48:04

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

binary1 wrote:

but can't find an openspace3d icon

There is not openspace3d icon.

Openspace3d is written in Scol (Scol is a programming language) => Scol icon in your tas bar (you can have others applications written in Scol in your system)

#4 12-Feb-2012 17:56:57

binary1

Thanks for the quick response.  After installation, I had the OpenSpace3d folder in the Start Programs menu but clicking only showed the uninstall program.  The editor and player programs weren't showing.  I went to Program Files on the disc, found the editor in "Tools" and ran it.  Wow!  It's amazing.  I'm starting the tutorials now.

#5 12-Feb-2012 19:10:02

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

really weird that you don't have any icons, you should have one in your programs menu and on your desktop

witch version of windows are you using and witch language ?

#6 13-Feb-2012 11:48:00

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

Did you installed Scol plugin and OpenSpace3D with 'administrator' privileges? We already have some reports of bad installation if you have not full rights on your computer...

Board footer