Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 4-Nov-2011 15:26:46

hebdemnobad
Website

Can I change the location of the "Scol Voyager" file path

my c drive is cluttered up and my scol work will only increase as time passes. I'd like to move it to another local drive.
-h

#2 4-Nov-2011 18:53:19

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Can I change the location of the "Scol Voyager" file path

Hi,

yes you can copy or move the scol voyager any where you want, just launch the scol.exe after that to register the new path
you can also move partitions by editing the usm.ini file

#3 4-Nov-2011 18:59:32

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

What you need is to add another "partition" (in fact it's a window directory) to scol, and work on it. There's a procedure on the forum, but it's in French, so i'll translate it here for you wink
You need to modify the "usm.ini" file, which default location is "C:\Program Files\Scol Voyager". You should find those lines in it (they are the default values for partitions):

cache ./Cache 256
disku ./Partition_LocalUsr 0
diska ./Partition_LockedApp 0
logsp ./Logs 0

The number at the end of every partition line is the maximal amount of data that you can store (in Mo i think) on a partition, 0 meaning that there's no restriction of size.
As you can see, every directory is "relative" to a default location: "cache" and "logsp" are relative to "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Scol Voyager", "disku" is relative to user document directory (default: "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Scol Voyager"), and "diska" is relative to Scol installation path (default: "C:\Program Files\Scol Voyager").
So, as you can see, a problem could append when changing the user partition "disku" to another drive, as apparently, it uses a relative path to a default location that is under "C:\". Anyway, you can try to change "disku" with a full path ("d:\toto\tutu") to see if it works, but i did not test this manipulation.
Another solution could be to create a "symbolic link" (if you are under win7), using the command "mklink" (with "/D" option for a directory) on the command line.

Last edited by Nodrev (9-Nov-2011 12:02:13)

#4 4-Nov-2011 19:01:24

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

Argg, arkeon was <again> faster than me roll, but let's say that's because I'm talking too much tongue

#5 4-Nov-2011 19:04:56

arkeon
Website

disku only define the the directory as c:\users\myname\mydocuments\scol voyager\
you can replace disku by diska to move the current user partition to a directory relative to the scol.exe

disku d:\\mydata\\myscolpart 0
is also possible

the order of the partitions in the usm.ini determine the partition priority for file read / write

#6 4-Nov-2011 19:05:44

arkeon
Website

mip mip ^^

#7 4-Nov-2011 19:41:14

hebdemnobad
Website

thx guys

#8 9-Nov-2011 02:45:47

hebdemnobad
Website

it works, files moved off of c drive. I got rid of the "." in front of the "F" and os3d finds the new partition location at the root of my F drive: smile

F:/Partition_LocalUsr 0

#9 9-Nov-2011 10:44:42

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

Yes, you can define an absolute path

Board footer