Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#26 25-Oct-2023 10:16:52

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: OpenSpace3d 1.92 Beta

Hello,

it took a while, but the Beta 3 is finally available!

OS3D now support Rect / Area lights from the last Ogre3D update
Default materials are now using the Ogre shader generator system, this adds the support of PBR material with a roughness / metalness texture. On the texture roughness must be set on the green channel and metalness on the blue channel.

You can try to import any GLTF / GLB models with PBS material.
The previous home made shader generator is still available, if you want your app to keep the old rendering materials, just choose the "SO3_LEGACY" material scheme on your scene.

Items plugit is updated to allow to remove an item from it's pos index, also remove all items was missing

The Physic tools plugIT add the possibility to set the object without resetting the previous one, so the previous object keep the physics settings set before. (needed for items)

Windows mixed reality compatibility with OpenXR is back.

https://www.openspace3d.com/downloads/OpenSpace3d_BETA

#27 25-Oct-2023 10:20:49

arkeon
Website

Samiux, a sample for your canon is available here :
https://www.openspace3d.com/rsc/itemsexempleeureka4.xos

About the video recording, OS3D/SCOL only include FFMPEG video decompression at this time, the adds of video compression should be needed to make such a plugIT.

#28 25-Oct-2023 17:05:27

samiux

Hi

I'm going to try this Beta 3 and see if I find any other bugs and things that don't work.

#29 25-Oct-2023 17:25:25

samiux

How to switch from one shader generator to another. How to switch from SO3_LEGACY to the other shader generator in PBR? Where did I go to apply the changes?

#30 25-Oct-2023 22:20:42

samiux

I was wondering how to change the shader generator and I found it. For those who wonder how to change the shader generator.

-In fact you go to Scene Tree and right click on scene.

-A submenu will appear and click on Set material scheme.

-Normally in a new blank scene there will only be the DefaultScheme option However if you load an existing filled scene there will be the SO3_Legacy option which will appear and you choose it and you have the old OpenSpace3D shader generator instead of Ogre's shader generator.

It's very good to have thought of keeping the old shader generator in order to work on old versions which do not require PBR materials.

#31 26-Oct-2023 08:30:55

arkeon
Website

Yes the material scheme can be changed dynamically with the rendering scheme plugIT (shown in expert mode set in OS3D settings)

#32 27-Oct-2023 02:15:49

samiux

Thank you very much for this tip. I was able to set the rendering scheme to the choices for my different scenes from the game scene where I group all the levels and menus. I was starting to ask for help but thank you once again. I didn't know what the beginner and advanced expert mode was for. Indeed, the expert mode contains a lot of plugins which are either not yet finalized because of a lack of dependency or are not suitable for beginners who are starting on OpenSpace3D.

I was able to find the Addsourcescol plugin which allows you to execute Scol code in OpenSpace3D. I wonder if it is useful for functions not yet available with Plugit? I was also able to find the Machine Learning plug-in for artificial intelligence, but because of the Pytorch library there is a long way to go before having optimal Machine Learning. Indeed I dream of 2 types of artificial intelligence for OpenSpace3D. The one that would be able to recognize things and those with behaviors for games and simulation to make a 3D world come alive.

#33 27-Oct-2023 02:20:17

samiux

I tested your example with the items plugin and it works well now. The balls now go in a straight line and each has its own physics.

I have other ideas for functionality for the items plugin but that will wait for a future version. I can't wait for the final 1.92 to come out unless you have other beta features planned for this version.

#34 27-Oct-2023 07:59:14

arkeon
Website

The marchine learning plugit was a test for 2d coords recognition, for example with the mouse pos when drawing a circle. It use opencv machine learning.

The Addsourcescol plugit was made by IRI, it is a bit deprecated since you can add code in the plugits links

The issue with machine learning is the size of the dataset, for example if you want the camera to recognize some objects, you can do it with opencv for example, but you will need to train a dataset of the objects you recognize, or found an already trained dataset.

I would like to look at recast with or without the Ogre plugin for a while, but it will take time since we will have to make an editor in OS3D to make navigation meshes. I wonder if you can use the physic engine collisions to make them.

For the next beta I still work on materials to make the RTSS shaders a bit more flexible (for example I corrected the reflection map coef alerady)

#35 27-Oct-2023 23:44:11

samiux

Ok I understand better why the Learning Machine plugin and AddSourcescol were somewhat abandoned. It will take a little longer for the navmeshs.

Otherwise I tried to cheat with the Target plugin but when I deactivate the object it returns to its starting position and orientation. I also tried physics rays but the ray is not capable of detecting what type of specific object. Also I tried raycasts but the raycasts turn in all directions since the 2 rays both touch the same wall.

Otherwise, for a simpler AI, there would be no way of putting waynodes while waiting for the navmeshs. A bit like the object track plugin but instead of playing an animation it would just have a defined path to follow.

here is the URL link of an image to illustrate my point about waynodes:https://imgur.com/vV1RNjq

#36 6-Nov-2023 10:57:09

shahbiz8

Hello Bastien,

How to set 'dialog text input' plugit on top of button plugit?
Now, the button plugit is on top of 'dialog text input' plugit

Need help please

Last edited by shahbiz8 (6-Nov-2023 10:57:37)

#37 6-Nov-2023 12:31:22

arkeon
Website

Hello,
button plugIT set the button in foreground widget list (I don't remember why).
I think the dialogs should be the same, with a top on focus enable too.

#38 6-Nov-2023 14:28:28

shahbiz8

The button plugit hides the dialog, so I can't type text and press ok

Last edited by shahbiz8 (6-Nov-2023 14:36:11)

#39 6-Nov-2023 15:43:21

arkeon
Website

It wiil be corrected in the next release.
Dialogs also now manage the top on focus

#40 6-Nov-2023 15:53:33

shahbiz8

Thank you

#41 6-Nov-2023 16:13:06

samiux

Hi Arkeon

I learned a little about pathfinding and navmesh. The navmesh takes into account objects or enemies on the ground and does not take into account enemies flying like a drone for example.

In the case of an enemy flying like a plane or a drone for example it would be better to use a waypoint system, i.e. create dummy on the map where the enemies can pursue the player all taking the most short path among these dummies. What do you think of a waypoint plugin?I'm also waiting for the navmesh but it will take time.

Otherwise you would need a “Set Object” Action for the Object Control plugin to, for example, control the items(Not the tank example. I'm talking about controlling the direction, firing the projectiles with the Object Control plugin) with the Object Control plugin. Otherwise to improve the Target plugin you would need an Action ''Set Object Name'' and ''Set Target Object'' to change the source object or the target object.

#42 9-Nov-2023 00:17:47

samiux

Ah yes regarding the controllers I confused vibration with haptic feedback. Would it be possible to implement haptic feedback for controllers that have it? Maybe not at the moment since RTSS must give you a lot of work. I hope that version 1.92 will be released just in time before Christmas.

Exactly what does RTSS bring? I can't wait to see what the graphics look like.

#43 13-Nov-2023 10:54:52

arkeon
Website

https://redmine.openspace3d.com/project … ions/13680

About haptic feedback, I don't think it will be possible since this is really related to the devices drivers.
I could make it with a particular device with a given sdk.

#44 13-Nov-2023 19:17:50

samiux

Ok for the haptic feedback it could be complicated.

What do you think of the waypoint for AI? To create a path of nodes that the AI can use. This is another method of doing AI other than Recast. The waypoint is less precise than the Recast but simpler to design.

#45 23-Nov-2023 04:18:28

samiux

Hi I have a small problem regarding the Set Target action of the Target plugin. I programmed it so that when I press a key the object changes target object. The problem is that it doesn't target the new target object. However, I specifically named the new object to target in the link parameters.

Here is my example to illustrate my issue:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rqJTvcDS6Oyu0K2r2QDTTghfX5nMaOUg/view?usp=sharing

#46 25-Nov-2023 01:45:23

samiux

There has been radio silence on this post for some time. I can't wait to test the next beta of 1.92 but also for the final version 1.92.

#47 28-Nov-2023 15:54:14

arkeon
Website

Hello, yes I still have to update the documentation and I will be ready to launch the next release.

If you want to switch the target object using the target plugIT be sure to have the same axis direction on your objects. Also use the "Get object" plugit to retrieve the correct object name (the one displayed in the tree is mode clear but wont work as it)

#48 28-Nov-2023 23:57:03

samiux

Thanks a lot for the information. I can't wait for version 1.92 to come out.

I tried your advice with the Get Object plugin and it works.

Board footer