Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 2-Oct-2012 02:45:40

NovanNingnong

speech recognition

i'd try the car demo's but when i run it, i say "red" the car suppose to be red, right? it doesn't work here, i make a sample too, a simple event using speech recognition plugIT, i try with simple word like "start", "stop". it didn't workout too, no event happened..
is anything wrong with my computer?
i check my microphone but it working well, by the way i'm using windows7 64-bit..
please help

Last edited by NovanNingnong (2-Oct-2012 04:35:17)

#2 2-Oct-2012 10:16:37

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: speech recognition

Hi,
does your windows language in English ?

The vocal recognition language depend of the system language.
test with the windows 7 speech recognition.

#3 2-Oct-2012 17:04:08

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

Is the MS Windows service launched ?

#4 3-Oct-2012 02:46:23

NovanNingnong

arkeon wrote:

Hi,
does your windows language in English ?

The vocal recognition language depend of the system language.
test with the windows 7 speech recognition.

yes, my windows in english, already test the win7 speech recognition and it works well.

#5 3-Oct-2012 02:50:19

NovanNingnong

iri wrote:

Is the MS Windows service launched ?

i check on my windows service, but i can't find any service named "MS Windows service", how to launch it iri?thanks

#6 3-Oct-2012 08:03:28

arkeon
Website

if the seven speech recognition works, it should works in OS3D too ^^
retry in OS3D and be sure to don't have any ambient noise around you when testing.

#7 17-May-2016 10:36:15

NovanNingnong

Hi Arkeon, how are you?glad to know that Os3D now have a lot of new cool feature ^^
so exicted about the android support!
by the way i still have a problem with Speech recognation, it didn't work both on my Asus that running Windows 10(build-in mic) and also Samsung galaxy s4 that running Anrdoid Kitkat, i try the Carshown demo. is there something wrong with my setting?thanks!

#8 17-May-2016 13:30:39

NovanNingnong

NovanNingnong wrote:

Hi Arkeon, how are you?glad to know that Os3D now have a lot of new cool feature ^^
so exicted about the android support!
by the way i still have a problem with Speech recognation, it didn't work both on my Asus that running Windows 10(build-in mic) and also Samsung galaxy s4 that running Anrdoid Kitkat, i try the Carshown demo. is there something wrong with my setting?thanks!

i try with logitech webcam that have another build in mic, and it work! but is there any option to increase the sensivity?:P

#9 17-May-2016 13:45:11

arkeon
Website

you can just change the input volume in your windows config. I don't remember if you have the option in the plugit.

On android the speech rec/synth is not available.

#10 28-Apr-2023 13:04:27

Roberto

arkeon wrote:

you can just change the input volume in your windows config. I don't remember if you have the option in the plugit.

On android the speech rec/synth is not available.

I join these posts to ask if speech recognition works on Android in the meantime? I'm testing now on Windows but it doesn't work. I probably have to set the mic output right. But the main interest is whether it works on Android, thanks.

#11 28-Apr-2023 13:07:27

arkeon
Website

Hello, nope I didn't found a correct and open source api yet to work on android.

On Windows it use the system speech recognition. You can check if it work on your Windows using the configuration panel

#12 28-Apr-2023 19:40:32

Roberto

arkeon wrote:

Hello, nope I didn't found a correct and open source api yet to work on android.

On Windows it use the system speech recognition. You can check if it work on your Windows using the configuration panel

I'm sorry but this is not good?

https://developer.android.com/reference … Recognizer

https://youtu.be/HFUR9uSZFQY

Last edited by Roberto (28-Apr-2023 21:20:03)

#13 4-May-2023 13:04:44

Roberto

arkeon wrote:

Hi, did you happen to see the API I sent you above? It should be fine.

#14 4-May-2023 15:34:18

arkeon
Website

Hello, yes I know about the android java interface, I should prefer a C++ sdk against a java / C++ bridge. I didn't look for a while into latest NDK for android.

This is a big work to implement such interface working with audio input from Scol side if possible. I'll try to look at this when I'll have some time.

#15 4-May-2023 20:22:01

Roberto

arkeon wrote:

Hello, yes I know about the android java interface, I should prefer a C++ sdk against a java / C++ bridge. I didn't look for a while into latest NDK for android.

This is a big work to implement such interface working with audio input from Scol side if possible. I'll try to look at this when I'll have some time.

Hello, yes I understand that must be a big job to do. But if you can implement speech recognition, as well as opening a browser in the app on Android and ios, os3d will become even more awesome than it already is. I hope that one day there will be these updates. Would be great. As it stands, os3d is great. It would be even more so.

Last edited by Roberto (4-May-2023 20:22:52)

#16 5-May-2023 08:10:30

arkeon
Website

What kind of app do you want to make with speech recognition ?

#17 5-May-2023 12:42:21

Roberto

arkeon wrote:

What kind of app do you want to make with speech recognition ?

Commissioned work for museums. I was explicitly asked for it as a function. But I also did some tests on a pc game, which performs actions on speech recognition. I would like to port it to Android and IOS as well.
And I regret having to use other programs to do these things. Open space 3d would be great

Last edited by Roberto (5-May-2023 12:44:11)

Board footer