Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 11-Nov-2021 13:10:53

beawolf

Suggestion and Request

Hello Arkeon and other developers.

I've been using openspace3d for a long time. OS3d is a much better quality and useful game engine compared to other game engines I use such as Unreal Engine and Unity. I am grateful to you for this. However, if the ad plugin for admob feature and the METAL Api for iOS are added, we can also prepare mobile games that make a lot of noise in a short time. I think that your focus on these issues will make other developers like me, who prepare projects with OS3D and are eager to publish, very happy. Seeing the current capacity of the OS3D program, I can understand what you are aiming for, you have an incredible horizon and talent. But be sure, as someone who uses "unity" and "unreal engine" game engines, I would like to say that OS3D is far above them with its current capacity and ease of use.

Best Regards

#2 12-Nov-2021 09:47:49

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Suggestion and Request

Hello,

I've started working to port to Ogre 1.13 with metal and vulkan support (vulkan is not yet finalised).
It will take some time since this break several things. So I hope next release will have this.

#3 13-Nov-2021 00:01:36

beawolf

Hello Arkeon. This is amazing news. Thank you very much in advance.
Best Regards

#4 3-May-2022 14:34:02

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Hello,

Ogre does not support yet metal shaders generation.
If you know metal shader programing maybe you could help converting all the SO3 engine shaders to Metal.

Unfortunatly for now I will have to keep the gl and gles renderer for apple.

Board footer