Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 2-Apr-2020 21:15:09

creamsoda

Some issues

Hi. After 4 years I decided to download OpenSpace3d again and check how the development is going on.
So this awesome tool is getting better and better. I started prototyping my project and faced some issues.
1. After many hours of trying to set up 3rd person camera I realized that the engine probably needs a special plugIT for that.
In 2016 I already posted a question about that here   https://www.scolring.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1496  but the example that
was shared by arkeon is not good and is unsuitable for use in a real/commercial project. If anyone knows how to set 3rd person cam, please let me know.
2. Reflections on ocean water is kinda broken. Seems like they depends on a viewport, not real 3d space calculation. It can be checked by enabling ocean and put some complex model on it, for example, ship. and look at the reflections.
Also 3d viewport plugIT is not compatible with ocean. If we set 3d viewport 320x200, reflections and ocean rendering depends on only main camera. If we move that camera we can see in the viewport of 3d view how engine cuts invisible areas of ocean. And reflections in 3d viewport move as we change position of main camera.
3. Large project is better to be split on several scenes. But how can I get variables values of defferent scenes and perhaps use those in next scenes. For example in FPSdemo there is "father" scene and "child" scene which is loaded from "father" scene.
I hope there are some possible workarounds for that. Thanx

#2 3-Apr-2020 08:20:00

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Some issues

Hi! and welcome back smile

1. yes this really need a complex and special plugIT for third person view. This still not in the main roadmap because we didn't had so much request for that.

2. This is possible I missed that, maybe an Ogre3D update or something I have to correct

3. The "global var" and "input tunnel" plugits can be used in the instantiated scene, the plugits just have to be present in the 2 projects with the same name value defined

#3 3-Apr-2020 13:40:53

creamsoda

Thank you for so quick reply!
Really glad to know about "global var" and "input tunnel".
Last night I tried to set camera to follow my character without mouse and so on. Just tried to glue camera behind him at a certain distance and make it follow him including rotation. But when I set "object follow" PlugIT, the camera simplly sets on "father" position when the scene loaded and that's it. I think I'm doing smth wrong

#4 3-Apr-2020 14:17:22

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

you can add a dummy as parent of the camera, move the camera on the dumy for the distance, and set the follow on the dummy

Board footer