Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 28-Jun-2019 15:26:50

Andrew The Stalker

Black screen in AR app in Xiaomi Mi 8

Hello,
I am newbie at OpenSpace and firstly I would to say thanks for this program and especially for the fact it's free and easy-to-use smile
Anyway, I have encountered a problem, while exporting my project to Android device. It exports correcly, i can install it, but after the first splash screen (where openspace is written) and gaining access to permissions i see nothing, e.g. black screen. While searching this problem at forum, I noticed that it concerns at most dual camera phones.
Here are the specs of my phone:
Xiaomi Mi 8 Global Version 64 GB
6 GB RAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (64 bit ARMv8)
Video: Adreno 630
Rear camera: dual-cameras (both 12 mp) Samsung S5K3M3, f/2.4 + Sony IMX363, f/1.8
front camera: Samsung S5K3T, f/2.0 (20 mp)
Android: 9
What I have already done:
-tried to export in windows (it works)
-tried different templates of android export
-tried simple project with 1 marker and primitive (torus)
-tried to reinstall everything
-tried to change device index
-tried to turn off automatic connection on start (okay, that was useful, i got a gray screen lol )

Maybe somebody has the same problem, but solved it just by installing old version of OpenSpace3d? I only need an AR feature of showing 3D-models when pointing the camera to marker. smile
Thank you for helping.

Last edited by Andrew The Stalker (28-Jun-2019 15:39:03)

#2 28-Jun-2019 16:34:15

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Black screen in AR app in Xiaomi Mi 8

Hello and welcome,

most of this problems seems be be corrected after a phone update...
We can't possibly fin d the problem without having the phone in hands

#3 28-Jun-2019 16:52:05

Andrew The Stalker

arkeon wrote:

Hello and welcome,

most of this problems seems be be corrected after a phone update...
We can't possibly fin d the problem without having the phone in hands

So does this problem depend on Android version?
Just tested old Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x (Snapdragon 625, 4 GB RAM, Android 7), works perfectly. I thought it would have been difficult for old phones to render 3d content, in fact, it turned into the opposite. lol

#4 1-Jul-2019 08:34:34

Xeonadow
Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer

From what we have been able to test so far, the problem seems to depend on specific device models (or maybe even specific devices). We tested OpensSpace3D on a wide array of Android version (ranging from 4.4 to 8.1), with or without dual cameras and with low as well as high processing power. As of today, it works fine on all of the devices we currently own, but it seems there are a few devices that still won't work. But as Arkeon said, we cannot debug without having the phone in our hands, and your devices are not among those we own.

Board footer