Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 6-Apr-2019 19:54:33

jos

Character orientation

Is there any way to orient a character (that ‘s walking for exemple to a specific point) with the correct orientation. I use “move to” but with automatic rotate not work correctly
Thanks!

#2 7-Apr-2019 10:30:04

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Character orientation

Hello,
You can try object track plugit

#3 7-Apr-2019 18:33:01

jos

Hi Arkeon,
I will try it, but don’t know if it could be useful: I need the biped (that’s child of a dummy)  when a second marker is found, rotates in the direction pointing at the new marker and starts to walk; I’ve got biped starts to walk in a straight line connecting the two markers, but doesn’t rotate in the correct direction; I can’t use keyframes because the marker’s position changes dynamically
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jos (7-Apr-2019 18:33:12)

#4 7-Apr-2019 19:54:28

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Object move to should make this.
but you have to change the destination orientation to a target orientation.
You can use object position plugit get direction maybe.

#5 7-Apr-2019 22:12:52

jos

I see....perhaps  with Object Position I can retrieve the position of the Dummy linked  to the marker and calculate the angle between the original marker and destination marker, and then rotate the dummy that has de biped as child and use “Move to “ to move the dummy gradually. I will try it, thanks Arkeon!

Board footer