Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 30-Apr-2018 13:25:22

jens.hellermann

Marker based inside out tracking with Openspace3D

Hello dear forum members,

these days I'm experimenting quite a bit with different game engines and animation tools like 3ds max and unity.

I would like to establish some kind of position tracking of the player's headset in an empty room. I find it kind of difficult to establish.

For newer phones, google just released ARCore as a Unity SDK, that gives inside out tracking options. But I really don't want to buy a new phone.

Do you think it would be possible to use openspace 3D to create a marker based position tracking, that would be fairly accurate?

I mean, it's so strong when it comes to projecting objects based on markers even in 3D.

Please tell me your opinion!

Kind regards, Jens.

#2 30-Apr-2018 13:41:40

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Marker based inside out tracking with Openspace3D

Hello,

you can define a marker in the room, and invert the position direction so you could have the camera / head position.

#3 17-May-2018 11:01:38

jens.hellermann

Thank you Arkeon,

I might come back to this method, but I think I'll be experimenting with a Lidar first.

So nice you're always answering.

Kind regards, Jens.

#4 24-Aug-2018 19:27:52

EricMcLeod

jens.hellermann wrote:

Thank you Arkeon,

I might come back to this dbol pills https://phenq-avis.com/en/ for bulking method, but I think I'll be experimenting with a Lidar first. So nice you're always answering. Kind regards, Jens.

Were you successful with your experiment with a Lidar? Please share your experiences as I too have a similar project in hand.

Last edited by EricMcLeod (7-Apr-2019 21:54:58)

#5 26-Aug-2018 08:08:51

jens.hellermann

Hello Eric,

I've made some progress while working with the lidar. It is possible to integrate a C# Code into Unity. On a Mac it was rather easy to address the device via com port whereas in Windows you have to install a new Version of Unity where you have to do some changes in the player setttings. Scripting Runtime Version: Experimental (.NET 4.6 Equivalent), Api Compatibility Level: .NET 4.6.
We managed to write a script to parse the data from an Ydlidar X4 and to gain a position tracking with smoothing.

Testing is difficult though, my last efforts failed, because I tested in a large corridor but the doors had glas windows, which caused jittering.

Good luck with your project.

Board footer