Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 1-Jun-2011 19:33:00

Index

A few questions (GUI + ArtifexTerra3D + Networking)

[ Each block of text is a separate question, feel free to answer separately and all-together while also responding with further questions ]

=GUI
Is there a way to create a GUI with this program, if so, what are just some basics to go about doing that. For example do I make a bunch of PNG's to place and then give animation actions? How do I make them remain in a position on the screen and not act as an element within the rendered world?

Oh, flash interface! I thought that was flash interface as in blinking xD.
Edit: Wow, looks like I have some learning to do because I don't understand how to do it xD.

=ArtifexTerra3D
ArtifexTerra is a world creation tool.  http://www.artifexterra.com/ This tool saves as files such as texture png's .cfg's such as zonesettings.cfg and terrain.cfg. How do I go about turning this files into a Ogre Dotscene for importing?
Note: The DL link on the site is usually broken. If you want to download it I can provide an alternate link.

=Networking
Is there a way to create chatting, such as between players? If so, I don't see how I'd make the chatted text appear for a user to read. Is this even possible?

Also, is there Paged Geometry? I read about this and it sounds exactly like something I'd need.
http://code.google.com/p/ogre-paged/

Last edited by Index (1-Jun-2011 20:34:59)

#2 1-Jun-2011 21:03:01

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

Re: A few questions (GUI + ArtifexTerra3D + Networking)

Index wrote:

=Networking
Is there a way to create chatting, such as between players? If so, I don't see how I'd make the chatted text appear for a user to read. Is this even possible?

With Flash otherwise no.
It is easy with the SCS, included in 3d without flash nor others technologies, but the 3d legacy engine is available only (old 3d). The new 3d (like openspace3d) is not available yet.

#3 1-Jun-2011 22:56:38

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: A few questions (GUI + ArtifexTerra3D + Networking)

Hi,

there is no terrain management yet in openspace3D

for networking there is different plugITs in network category
a chat sample is available in the ...\Partition_LockedApp\examples\basics\chat

Board footer