Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 13-Apr-2018 08:59:05

vinurd
Website

how do I make a list - select from this list in the dialog???

https://youtu.be/gMv26_216ZA

Good afternoon,

I have to make a list of materials, and I have to choose them. how to make it clear to the program that the first item is selected, not the last?

#2 13-Apr-2018 09:42:17

Xeonadow
Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer

Re: how do I make a list - select from this list in the dialog???

Hello

To do it this way, you only need one "change texture" plugIT. Put your textures' paths in the "value" field of each entry of your list, and create the link "Dialog List.Selected value -> change texture.change"

Another way to do it is to use the "Material list" plugIT that allows you to attach a list of materials to an object and features a built-in selection interface.

#3 13-Apr-2018 13:17:53

vinurd
Website

#4 13-Apr-2018 14:26:35

Xeonadow
Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer

put the texture path ("assets/texture/mytexture.jpg") directly in the "value" field, not in the link parameter. Make a single link and let the link parameter empty.
KUr8CZa.jpg

As a general advice, you cannot refer to the variables from the link parameter in the plugITs, as I guess that this is what you were trying to do by putting 1, 2, 3 in the "value" field.
Also, you cannot assign value to link parameters as I saw in your first video with "1 = ...". If you have several parameters in your link and need to change just a few of them, here is an exemple : if my plugit sends a position (made of 3 parameters : x, y and z), and I want to set the y position to 6.4, I can write in the link parameter "$1 6.4 $3" so y is changed but x and z remains the same.

#5 14-Apr-2018 09:23:39

vinurd
Website

Xeonadow wrote:

put the texture path ("assets/texture/mytexture.jpg") directly in the "value" field, not in the link parameter. Make a single link and let the link parameter empty.
https://i.imgur.com/KUr8CZa.jpg

As a general advice, you cannot refer to the variables from the link parameter in the plugITs, as I guess that this is what you were trying to do by putting 1, 2, 3 in the "value" field.
Also, you cannot assign value to link parameters as I saw in your first video with "1 = ...". If you have several parameters in your link and need to change just a few of them, here is an exemple : if my plugit sends a position (made of 3 parameters : x, y and z), and I want to set the y position to 6.4, I can write in the link parameter "$1 6.4 $3" so y is changed but x and z remains the same.

thank you, this method works.

Board footer