Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 21-Nov-2017 11:12:16

andiy88

AR app for wearable

Hi,

I'm triyng to develop an Augmented reality demonstration app for wearable glasses, so what you usually would display on a screen has to be showed on the visor of the glasses which is transparent and allows the user to see through it. My purpose is to show augmented reality objects or labels when the integrated camera identifies a certain marker and I was able to do this even disabling what the camera is actually "seeing" beacause the user can do the same with its own eyes. But removing the camera preview, the problem is that the AR objects are now showing fluctuating in a blank space, with a grey or black solid background,  thus covering the field of view of the glasses. My question is: is it possible to show only augmented effects with some kind of transparent background to fit my use-case? Thank you

#2 21-Nov-2017 11:15:03

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: AR app for wearable

Hello,

I'm not sure how you can do that ^^
is there any setting to set a color as transparent ?
what are your glass model ?

#3 21-Nov-2017 12:51:09

andiy88

It's a custom one actually under development, the core processing unit is a raspberry pi Zero linked to the optics via hdmi. I tried with no luck to set a transparent plane under the scene, with a custom material with transparent setting checked and opacity set to zero.

#4 21-Nov-2017 14:50:54

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

I think all you can do is a black or white background.
or find a way that white pixels do not occlude the lcd pixels.
For lcd display you should just remove the lcd backlight and let the room light do it.
For oled I don't know ^^

#5 21-Nov-2017 15:30:03

andiy88

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try to do as you suggest, if possible. At least I know for certain it can't be achieved through some kind of setting in OS3D

Board footer