Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 4-Oct-2017 13:31:13

grolourprod

AR 2D content (text, html, 2d graphics ...)

Hi everybody,
I barely discovers Openspace3d as part of a search for a personal project implementing the augmented reality associated with my photographic work.
After a few hours spent on the software I still wonder if this is really the tool I need.

Why ? the answer is in the title.

I would like to legend my pictures (hanging on the wall) and give a description, may be technical (biological) diagrams ... in html or in swf, my worries being highly aesthetic, I want to be able to layout and shape the content according to each photo (tracker) so that the augmented image comes in complement and not just "over" ...

I do not know if it is clear, I hope someone will be intrigued by my questions and will ask others in turn to move the community forward.

Thx!

Bertrand

#2 4-Oct-2017 13:34:14

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: AR 2D content (text, html, 2d graphics ...)

Hello and welcome,

SWF and Html contents are not available for mobile devices.
You can achieve this using button, text area, picture plugITs.

Also we are currently working on new 3D UI plugITs

#3 4-Oct-2017 13:51:20

grolourprod

Thank you for this quick response!

The source can be one or more png for example ...

Html or swf would be the product format, what I want to broadcast is a 2d vectorized content, which does not degrade on approach if it is too small or does not weigh tons just to keep a sufficient resolution .

What I'm trying to do is very close to a classic HUD video game but that would not be "fixed" to the user interface but fixed to my tracker!

For testing, I created my design in 3d (under c4d) with my textual content then I made a .obj that I imported as a scene ... but it's big deal just to display text, not to mention the heaviness in the end ...

Bertrand

#4 4-Oct-2017 13:54:41

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

well for now bitmaps are a good alternative.
There is no vectorized content that works in 3D.
Textures are bitmaps and the 3D engine make several textures resolution called mipmaps, and display them depending of the camera distance.

Board footer