Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 1-May-2011 14:48:09

hebdemnobad
Website

resource path problems with openspace3d

colleagues:

i am having problems importing assets into os3d. i have placed my assets in the following directories; each directory contains a copy of the same assets

C:\Users\superman\Documents\Scol Voyager\Partition_LocalUsr

and

C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr

when i try to import a .mesh and dependencies from C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr, i get the error message stating that os3d could not find the .mesh's dependencies after i confirm the location of the .material file (i.e. .material and shader related files)

hen i try to import a .mesh and dependencies from C:\Users\superman\Documents\Scol Voyager\Partition_LocalUsr, i get an error dialog stating that my .mesh must be in a scol directory, so i assume that C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr is the correct directory.

thanks for your help

-h

#2 1-May-2011 16:54:26

iri
Admin. / Scol language & Scol apps developer
Website

Re: resource path problems with openspace3d

Hi,

How many times have you install Scol ? One or two ?

If 1, if Scol is installed in ...\Programs\Scol Voyager\, then your good path is C:\Users\superman\Documents\Scol Voyager\Partition_LocalUsr

If Scol is installed in ...\Programs\Scol\, then your good path is C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr

If 2, you have two Scol and if you directly launch the *.scol (e.g. double-click), then the last ran  Scol will be launched.

So, you 2*click on the *.scol :

-> the last Scol launched is in ...\Programs\Scol Voyager\, good path is C:\Users\superman\Documents\Scol Voyager\Partition_LocalUsr
-> the last launched Scol is in ...\Programs\Scol, good path is C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr

In this case, you should run Scol that is the good path before launch your os3d project

#3 1-May-2011 16:59:17

hebdemnobad
Website

i have posted the .mesh and dependency files to:

ifam.net/openspace/troubleshooting/underoceanresourceproblem/underoceanwithshaderfiles.zip

all the .mesh, material, texture, and other shader dependencies are in the .zip at the directory above; and i had all the files residing at

C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean

ogre meshy and lexiview can find the depdencies of the .mesh file and render the vertex and pixel shaders (i.e. the .material file and other files), but openspace can't for some reason

neutral

the material is based on the one posted to http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/OceanFog … e=Cookbook

-h

#4 1-May-2011 17:01:00

hebdemnobad
Website

iri wrote:

Hi,

How many times have you install Scol ? One or two ?

If 1, if Scol is installed in ...\Programs\Scol Voyager\, then your good path is C:\Users\superman\Documents\Scol Voyager\Partition_LocalUsr

If Scol is installed in ...\Programs\Scol\, then your good path is C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr

If 2, you have two Scol and if you directly launch the *.scol (e.g. double-click), then the last ran  Scol will be launched.

So, you 2*click on the *.scol :

-> the last Scol launched is in ...\Programs\Scol Voyager\, good path is C:\Users\superman\Documents\Scol Voyager\Partition_LocalUsr
-> the last launched Scol is in ...\Programs\Scol, good path is C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr

In this case, you should run Scol that is the good path before launch your os3d project

10-4 i'll check into that

Last edited by hebdemnobad (1-May-2011 17:12:02)

#5 1-May-2011 17:49:36

iri
Website

Verify that all listed resources in any files are in your Scol partition too

#6 1-May-2011 19:18:49

hebdemnobad
Website

hell iri and everyone:

some .meshs and dependencies can be imported to os3d if they are in the  C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr directory', but other .meshes with shader dependencies cannot. seems to be something going on with os3d and whether it can utilize certain shaders files.

shaders can be finicky, this is something i encountered with blink as well.  there are so many things that can go wrong between certain .cg, .hlsl, .glsl, .vert, .asm(no longer supported by ogre 1.8 so i won't work much with them, sadly) .frag, and other shader file types. and throw in a gpu (i'm working with a fairly good laptop, but a laptop all the same), and the monkey wrench can go flying all over the place. (i'll be interested to see how that phrase translates into french)

iri feel free to see if you can get the reversed ocean that i posted to the .zip on your machine if you feel like it. i haven't spent the time to find out where the bogeyman lies, could be os3d, gpu, or something completly mysterious....i'll convert as many of my shaders to .cg since cg doesn't care whether its dealing with opengl or directx. the reversed ocean example uses .hlsl. I'll convert it to .cg (just by altering a file extension and some code in the shader declarations for the related .material file) and then see what happens.

ah but the sun is out and i must plant some seeds.

got to attract some butterflies this summer....building virtual gardens may be in my future, perhaps i could find clients who would like to use garden configurators the same way as car configurators. perhaps virtual butterfly gardens?

fwiw i have seen all the video tutorials and have more or less given up on using blink since the latter is not longer supported by anyone and ongoing win os changes have been making it break down bit by bit. i'm converted to os3d now.

i think it's the best open source online 3d plugin on the planet, and iv'e been burned 3 times over the last ten years by investing time into proprietary and semi-proprietary 3d formats, i'm never going to do that again.

-h

#7 1-May-2011 19:52:38

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

hmm seems that the ressources are not added in the good order.

1 - look in your material it seems that the cubix texture is not found by the parser, try this way : Format2 (long): cubic_texture <front> <back> <left> <right> <up> <down> separateUV
2 - import the mesh and save the xos file even if you get resource not found error.
3 - reload the xos file.

tell me if it's ok, i'll try to find out where I miss something ^^

#8 2-May-2011 02:02:37

hebdemnobad
Website

will try...although i have another figure that uses one of the normal map shader examples based on the ogre demo example, it has a cubemap and renders fine in os3d.

-h

#9 2-May-2011 08:49:26

arkeon
Website

try to add the examine view plugIt and change the default camera clipping, maybe the shader do not support infinite far clip

#10 2-May-2011 18:16:32

hebdemnobad
Website

arkeon wrote:

try to add the examine view plugIt and change the default camera clipping, maybe the shader do not support infinite far clip

tried that and it didn't change anything....the warning that os3d couldn't find all the resources comes up upon import.  i inserted the examine plugit and hit the play button in the editor, but the mesh remained blank.

#11 2-May-2011 18:24:39

hebdemnobad
Website

a newbie ???....where can i find the ogre/os3d  log for os3d, i.e. the log file that indicates in which file and at one line ogre encounters an error in a script (be it .material, .compositor, .cg, .hlsl, glsl, .particle, etc.

-h

#12 2-May-2011 19:00:52

iri
Website

log files are in ....\users\your_login\appdata\local\scol\
don't forget to configure Scol to write a log (right click on Scol icon, Settings)

i don't know if all ogre3d operations are logged. Arkeon or Nodrev should answer better than me.

#13 2-May-2011 20:49:30

hebdemnobad
Website

iri wrote:

log files are in ....\users\your_login\appdata\local\scol\
don't forget to configure Scol to write a log (right click on Scol icon, Settings)

i don't know if all ogre3d operations are logged. Arkeon or Nodrev should answer better than me.

thanks i found the log file. interesting...it doesn't indicate any errors when parsing through the .material file:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OS3D editor log > Importing Ogre mesh file : underocean/Plane.mesh
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/scene.material - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\scene.material
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OS3D editor log > Some files are missing in underocean/scene.material
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/scene.material - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\scene.material
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/MyOcean2HLSL_Cg.hlsl - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\myocean2hlsl_cg.hlsl
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/Ocean2HLSL_Cg.frag - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\ocean2hlsl_cg.frag
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/waves2.dds - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\waves2.dds
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OS3D editor log > underocean/scene.material has been rewrited with found resources path.
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/MyOcean2HLSL_Cg.hlsl - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\myocean2hlsl_cg.hlsl
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/Ocean2HLSL_Cg.frag - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\ocean2hlsl_cg.frag
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/waves2.dds - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\waves2.dds
Loading Material Script resources
C:\Users\superman\Documents/scol/Partition_LocalUsr/ - underocean/Plane.mesh - C:\Users\superman\Documents\scol\Partition_LocalUsr\underocean\plane.mesh

#14 2-May-2011 21:01:01

arkeon
Website

I got this after updating the cube map in material :
oceanfog.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vertex_program MyOcean2VS hlsl
{
source oceanfog/MyOcean2HLSL_Cg.hlsl
entry_point main
target vs_2_0

default_params
{
param_named_auto WorldViewProj worldviewproj_matrix
param_named_auto eyePosition camera_position_object_space
}
}

fragment_program HLSL/Ocean2FS hlsl
{
    source oceanfog/Ocean2HLSL_Cg.frag
    entry_point main
    target ps_2_0

}

material oceanundersurface
{
technique
{
pass
{
fog_override true exp 0 0.0 0.64 0.01 1 100
vertex_program_ref MyOcean2VS
{
param_named BumpScale float .2
param_named textureScale float2 11.2 11.2
param_named bumpSpeed float2 0.015 0.005
param_named_auto time time_0_x 100.0
param_named waveFreq float .028
param_named waveAmp float 10.8
}

fragment_program_ref HLSL/Ocean2FS
{
param_named deepColor float4 0 0.3 0.5 1.0
param_named shallowColor float4 0 1 1 1.0
param_named reflectionColor float4 0.95 1 1 1.0
param_named reflectionAmount float 1.0
param_named reflectionBlur float 0.0
param_named waterAmount float 0.11
param_named fresnelPower float 15.0
param_named fresnelBias float 0.328
param_named hdrMultiplier float 0.471
}

texture_unit
{
texture oceanfog/waves2.dds
tex_coord_set 0
filtering linear linear linear
}

texture_unit
{
cubic_texture oceanfog/SkyBox013_FR.jpg oceanfog/SkyBox013_BK.jpg oceanfog/SkyBox013_LF.jpg oceanfog/SkyBox013_RT.jpg oceanfog/SkyBox013_UP.jpg oceanfog/SkyBox013_DN.jpg combinedUVW
tex_address_mode clamp
filtering linear linear linear
tex_coord_set 1
}
}
}
}

#15 2-May-2011 21:04:30

hebdemnobad
Website

thanks! problem solved. now to mess with parameters to make those mounds look like waves and not mountains.
-h

#16 6-May-2011 00:12:21

hebdemnobad
Website

i got the under ocean shader working as it should
http://ifam.net/openspace/underocean/web/

#17 6-May-2011 18:20:12

arkeon
Website

great !
can't see it with my current dev version ^^

#18 6-May-2011 20:06:33

hebdemnobad
Website

arkeon wrote:

great !
can't see it with my current dev version ^^

is there a timeline on integrating hydrax?  (which is very cool, I checked the demo out last night.)
that would make the use of a shader on a mesh obsolete.

Otherwise you would have to be dynamically tiling a bunch of plane meshes, and all of them would be moving up and down, I'd assume that they would have awful seam issues. And with the present method if you use a plane, you see its edges if you don't use fog.

-h

Board footer