Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 4-May-2012 19:44:09

dhika11march

alternative marker

Hi!
If this is possible in OS3D to detect marker by color recognition?

I mean that the marker is based on colour.

For example, I pointed my pen (the colour is light green) on the webcam, if the colour has been detected, then it can used as marker.

I hope the next version of OS3D can support the marker that I mean.
Thanks for replying!

#2 4-May-2012 21:29:17

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: alternative marker

I don't think that sort of detection even exist anywhere ^^
It is not possible to determinate an orientation and a Z position from a simple dot color or not

#3 5-May-2012 00:16:35

Alexandre_Brazil

Hello friends,

Do not know if that's exactly what they are talking about, but I've seen a programming library (if I remember to Flash) that uses colored objects as a kind of console gaming. See the example at http://developers.camspace.com/
I agree that this feature is interesting for use in games.

hugs

#4 5-May-2012 01:31:02

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Yes I remember this, but this is only a 2D tracking, I think that to get a properly object based 3D tracking the method should need a 3D camera like Kinect.
maybe that I misunderstood the the first question if it was about a pen detection and not a dot light detection ^^
A lots of Object detection methods are still at a research state. and I didn't found any open source library for AR detection based on the features or objects detection method.

Board footer