Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 5-Apr-2012 01:57:24

Alexandre_Brazil

Augmented Reality Game and physics effects

Hi,

There is the possibility to use the features of physical objects in an application of augmented reality?
Basically this is the following:
1) The scene has only two objects, a box that will serve as a floor and a sphere, both will be configured with a body;
2) The box will be linked to a AR-Marker;
3) The objective is to try to control the box with the Marker and when it is tilted the ball moves due to proriedades physical mass and gravity.

Is this possible? I tried here but had no success.

Thnks

#2 5-Apr-2012 17:53:11

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Augmented Reality Game and physics effects

in fact yes this is possible I made some tests about that smile
what is your difficulty ?
think about the objects scale / marker size to have a good physic unit
try to use your box with a mass set to 0
don't move the marker too fast since the object will not move with physics attributes

#3 5-Apr-2012 20:53:29

Alexandre_Brazil

Hello

I can not understand the relationship between the position of an object in the scene in the authoring environment (virtual world) and when it appears in the augmented reality environment when the web-cam is thrown.

The two objects are aligned, the ball just above the box so she can down with the action of gravity, but when I play the ball falls into the infinite, because it is not on the box.

Can anyone give me a hint?

#4 5-Apr-2012 21:01:21

arkeon
Website

when you apply a marker size in AR plugit you define a coefficient of Z from your web cam
if your marker is 12cm in real units, and want your object 12 meter in 3D showing on the marker, you usually set the marker size in the plugIT bigger than the real to fit on the object size.
so in real units your object is far away from the camera.

if you want to use physics you should use real units.
set the marker size in the plugIT with the real size in Meter (0.12 for 12 cm) and scale your object to reduce it's size to correspond to the real world.
then the Z distance between your marker and the camera should correspond to the Z unit in the 3D world

#5 6-Apr-2012 02:17:28

Alexandre_Brazil

It worked. Thanks again for your valuable help.
I send the link of the project for those who want to use as an example or object of study.
Simply print the label, put forward the web-cam. When the video opens click on the red ball to trigger the mass and gravity and move the marker to move the red ball off the board.

Link Download

#6 6-Apr-2012 08:12:04

arkeon
Website

great smile

#7 17-Apr-2012 03:14:12

Alexandre_Brazil

Good evening,

Redid the scene where use physical, but used a board vertes with more and more smoothing the mesh. Not sure why the balls are no longer on the board, they cross the board as if it were quicksand.
I repeated all the parameters used in my first test, but could not solve the problem.

Send the link of the image where I present a printscreen of the settings of the scene. Can you give me a hint? I will be grateful again.

Alexandre

Last edited by Alexandre_Brazil (17-Apr-2012 03:15:39)

#8 17-Apr-2012 07:26:31

arkeon
Website

Hi!

try different architecture models of the physique engine.
and set a higher frame rate.

Board footer