Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 18-May-2023 10:34:36

Dburrin

Textures not showing

When I create a texture and apply it to an object such as a primitive cube, it displays correctly when previewing on screen but when I export to the quest I get everything wrapped in a yellow and black pattern.  Am i missing something obvious?

Thanks
DAmian

#2 19-May-2023 10:24:09

Dburrin

Re: Textures not showing

@arkeon  So I think the issue is some form of unexpected behaviour which I'll try to explain.  Using 1.91beta portable Path set to O:\Openspace3d for students personal drive.  Students do not have access to drive C.  Openspace is copied onto drive C and students launch it by a short cut.  They open and save files to their drive folder perfectly thanks to the folder redirection that is configured.  When a student makes a new material its saving this material back to the locked partition and not to the user folder. so the export can't see it.  If you copy the material file/asset folder to the students home drive this allows the export but you get the yellow/black issue as its not picking up the image you've applied to the material.  When you look in the package that's exported the images haven't been collected.  There is some  issue with creating materials and exporting when using the portable version with a path that's been set in settings.

Any idea on what i need to do to resolve this?
THanks
Damian

Last edited by Dburrin (19-May-2023 10:35:16)

Board footer