Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 19-May-2018 07:09:44

Legrafc

Problem with shadows and lights to make realistic scene

Hi Arkeon

I require your support and advice, I am doing a scene with "FPS like controller inst" PlugIT, I am practicing with the lights and the use of enviroment. My question is if I am omitting any action since the character of the scene does not cast shadow when it is in "play", in the viewport if the shadow appears, I also do not know if it is normal to project the clouds through the floor of the enviroment ,.
I want to make a realistic scene like the one that appears in your video "Oculus Rift with OpenSpace3D"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg0aVwWvpV8

I send the file to you to see the parameters of the lights and shadows that I am using.

Greetings and have a nice day

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q6p4395hd … hadows.rar

#2 19-May-2018 09:51:25

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Problem with shadows and lights to make realistic scene

Hello,

the scene in the oculus demo have lights and shadows rendered in the model texture with 3DSMax, this is static lighting since it can't be changed after.

In OS3D you can only use one light to cast shadow, in your scene add a directional light and disable the default light.
Disable shadows on the directional light and disable the environment sky, the shadow on the spot will be visible.

#3 20-May-2018 08:28:16

Legrafc

arkeon wrote:

Hello,

the scene in the oculus demo have lights and shadows rendered in the model texture with 3DSMax, this is static lighting since it can't be changed after.

In OS3D you can only use one light to cast shadow, in your scene add a directional light and disable the default light.
Disable shadows on the directional light and disable the environment sky, the shadow on the spot will be visible.

Hi, Arkeon

Thanks for the advice, and make your indications and I see the shadows, what you tell me of "lights and shadows rendered" I was investigating and it seems that it is the function of 3ds max called "Render to Texture", if so, I I did not know it, my knowledge in 3ds max is not very deep, it seems that it is used a lot in videogames.

Thanks

#4 20-May-2018 10:00:34

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Yes this is it smile

Board footer