Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 11-Apr-2018 14:15:46

cel

Measure plugit request

Hi Arkeon.
Congrats on another brilliant release.

Just a few requests if possible. Would it be possible to use the measure plugit without the need to click on the scene, I mean would it be possible to set those points manually with a variable in the editor?

Also about the addsourcecode inst, I find scol super difficult to work with, is there a chance we could have something similar to addsourcecode with a different language, a more accessible one?

And finally any news on gui elements other than the ones in the interface category?

Thanks for your time

#2 11-Apr-2018 15:24:54

Xeonadow
Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer

Re: Measure plugit request

Hello,

About the Measure plugIT, it is possible, but you would need to set all the points of your measure at once. Would this solve your problem ?

Nothing is planned about integrating a new language in OpenSpace3D, but it seems unlikely, as it would probably require the creation of a full API. If you need help to use Scol, you can check the Redmine for tutorials and functions documentation [1] [2]. You can also check the source code of some PlugITs to see exemples of use.

We will probably add some new gui elements later, but feel free to submit any suggestion

#3 12-Apr-2018 09:05:19

cel

Thanks Xeonadow,

regarding the measure plugIT, I thing that might do the trick.

Thanks for your reply

#4 13-Apr-2018 15:41:13

Xeonadow

Hello cel

Is it what you were expecting for the measure plugIT ?
https://youtu.be/QaRQze6M01w

You can download the files to try it by yourself here. Just replace them in your installation of OpenSpace3D
http://redmine.scolring.org/projects/op … ls/measure

#5 14-Apr-2018 23:05:11

cel

Can't watch the video, it says video unavailable.... I'll check the new plugits. Thanks.

#6 16-Apr-2018 09:53:30

Xeonadow

Should be fixed for the video, I set to private insted of unlisted by mistake, sorry ^^'

#7 16-Apr-2018 12:40:28

cel

yep... perfect.. that's exactly it... thank you so much for your work.You guys are the best

#8 16-Apr-2018 13:29:57

cel

hmm... had a look at the plugit and I don't see a way for it to do what I want... basically I have an object (a cube) and  I want to position another cube at 1.5m away from the first cube on the x axis... is this possible?

#9 16-Apr-2018 13:47:55

Xeonadow

If the cubes you want to position are objects of the scene, you can use an "object position" plugIT to retrieve the position of the first object, pass it through a "vector add" plugIT that add 1.5 on the X axis, then use a second "object position" plugIT to set the position of the second object

Board footer