Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 3-Apr-2018 03:38:40

raymondlee306

Need Help Running On Raspberry Pi

I made a quick scene with the T-rex model and called my scene trex. It runs great on windows. I exported it for the Raspberry Pi. I copied the files to the Pi and followed the readme file in the exported folder and packaged it for debian then installed the debian. Pi Camera is set to active. However I cannot run the executable.

If I try to run it through the run command window nothing at all happens. If I navigate to usr/shared/trex where it installed and try double clicking it I get warning about it being an executable and then nothing happens when I click confirm I want to run it. If I execute through terminal I get a warning about the lib(I-forgot-to-write-this-down)v18 is already in use and it cannot find the files.

I have updated the Pi, updated the OpenGL drivers ran the apt-get install -f for the dependancies and then sudo rpi-update.

Not sure what to try next.

Thanks Everyone,
Ray

#2 3-Apr-2018 08:11:12

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Need Help Running On Raspberry Pi

#3 3-Apr-2018 16:43:16

raymondlee306

Yes, I found that post and tried installing those dependencies:
1. apt-get install -f, this ran for a few minutes and returns, 0 updated, 0 removed, 0 installed.
2. sudo rpi-update, this ran for about 5 minutes, finished without error but made no change.

I could try reformatting my SD card and starting from scratch? Is there a particular build of Raspbian that you know for a fact it works on? I could try that.

#4 3-Apr-2018 17:23:54

arkeon
Website

Hello,

I tried with the last raspbian image and it was working.

#5 4-Apr-2018 03:57:06

raymondlee306

Ok a fresh download and install of Rasbien got it much much closer. The make-package succeeds and when I run the “trex” command it shows the openspace splash screen then the whole screen goes grey and nothing else happens. But that’s closer than it’s ever been so I’m still very optimistic. I’m running in G3 legacy graphics mode because the two options for open GL caused an error when I tried the trex command.

#6 4-Apr-2018 09:09:41

arkeon
Website

Hello,

OS3D use OpenGLES you don't need to enable the openGL option in the config.
Maybe you forgot to enable the pi camera again in raspi-config

also try to add more memory to the GPU in /boot/config.txt

gpu_mem=256

#7 5-Apr-2018 01:34:51

raymondlee306

Holy cow it works!!!! Works even better than I could have imagined. Great job and great forum support. Thanks for all the help. It was the gpu memory that did it. One last question if I could. How do I end the program? LOl.

#8 5-Apr-2018 04:48:32

arkeon
Website

You're welcome wink
Ctrl Alt Backspace to end the program.
Or you can use the close plugit

Board footer