Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 6-Jun-2011 02:29:21

louis

Kinect work with AR

i let kinect to work with AR, but there is problem, after kinect detect my body, the andy would not stand on the marker, when i moved the marker,Andy didn't follow it.
is it possible to use my body control the andy robot and let it stand on the marker?
could you please tell me how to do it?
thank you very much?

#2 6-Jun-2011 05:14:01

yaozr

Re: Kinect work with AR

Not knowing the answer...but I am trying to do similar thing so just take it  for consideration.

I feel problematic of your setting up, do you mean you want to hold a paper marker so the AR marker plugin help you to pose andy-robot onto the marker, and then you move your body to let the andy-robot follow your action... how do you want to solve the alignment of your body movement with the paper marker?, or do you mean you print a big paper marker and stand on it and move your body, so the expect effect is that andy robot is moving according to your action on top of the marker, in that case, why do you need the paper marker at all? since NITE has calculated accurately your physical position, as what armarker plugin did for estimate the paper marks position.

I think to do "kinect AR" is to use body to control robot (Augmented part) and it match your video part (reality part), I meet other issue so far (see my post).

Hope this helps and maybe with Openspace3d folks help we could get a meaningful KinectAR example.

Yaozr

#3 6-Jun-2011 06:16:32

louis

Thanks for your suggestion.
now i think i no need the marker paper.

#4 6-Jun-2011 13:19:57

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Hi,

I think you can use an additional shell.

- add a dummy on the scene
- move the mesh on the dummy
- set the dummy as the object moved by the AR marker
- in kinect user plugIT set the X Y Z coef to 0.0 so the mesh will not translate

I didn't try this I hope this will workl ^^

Board footer