Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 20-Apr-2011 17:40:36

hebdemnobad
Website

unable to view web published project

hello everyone:

I'm happy that there's an open source ogre based 3d player!
I've just gotten started.

I have published a scene via ftp to:
http://www.ifam.net/krono1/web/index.php

but when i open it in either opera or chrome, i get a blank page with a broken image link.

thanks for your help!!!! i know a bit about ogre shaders and can't wait to post some scenes to my domain; i used to use blink3d, which was based on ogre.

and i'll be checking out the tutorials

-hebdemnobad

#2 20-Apr-2011 23:26:34

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: unable to view web published project

Hi hebdemnobad, and welcome !

do you have a php based webserver ?
when I try to go on your link it ask me to download the page

there is some know issues on opera hmm I don't know why it can't work like the others .. with the same plugin API ...

I presume that your are trying on an another pc where openspace is not installed.
for chrome and other browser there is a mistake in the default generated web page (corrected but will be in the next release in a week or two)
in the javascript code a function is named CallBack instead Callback hmm

#3 21-Apr-2011 00:36:55

hebdemnobad
Website

arkeon wrote:

Hi hebdemnobad, and welcome !

thanks!

do you have a php based webserver ?

good point. i'll start with a simple hello world php page and figure out how my host handles php (bluehost).

#4 21-Apr-2011 15:23:38

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

Hi, and welcome.

Note that exported directory are "public" on the server, so, if you want to make them hidden, do not forget to change directories visibility.
Anyway, I would not like to find that kind of pet in my bathroom ^^

#5 21-Apr-2011 15:49:20

hebdemnobad
Website

Nodrev wrote:

Hi, and welcome.

Note that exported directory are "public" on the server, so, if you want to make them hidden, do not forget to change directories visibility.
Anyway, I would not like to find that kind of pet in my bathroom ^^

were you able to view them online without having to download the php file and dependencies?

-h

#6 21-Apr-2011 16:45:38

hebdemnobad
Website

bathtub would be a bad place for this one...it was 16 meters long or more

i altered my domain's .htaccess file and changed the file extension of the published page to .htm, and i/you/whoever can now view the content at:
http://www.ifam.net/krono1/web/

however the page launches the player....what option should i be choosing when i publish/export my project via ftp if i want the player embedded in the web page itself? [edit]

when i shut down chrome and reloaded the .htm file the content appeared embedded in the page

i'm working on a proof of concept project (involving shared objects and divers being eaten by the creature under a procedural plane of an undersea ocean surface) with blink3d, and when i'm done with that i'll try to emulate it in openspace3d

thanks for your help

-h

Last edited by hebdemnobad (21-Apr-2011 17:21:40)

#7 22-Apr-2011 14:09:52

Nodrev
Scol Language & OS3D developer

hebdemnobad wrote:

were you able to view them online without having to download the php file and dependencies

I just grabed the files to check them out tongue, I promise I'll not use them ^^ (they were zipped, but a 5 lines script solves the issue).

hebdemnobad wrote:

changed the file extension of the published page to .htm, and i/you/whoever can now view the content

Yep, It works for me.

hebdemnobad wrote:

what option should i be choosing when i publish/export my project via ftp if i want the player embedded in the web page itself?

In fact, you may have to insert the initialization javascript in your own page, and launch the app in a div using the correct command.
Check in "Partition_LockedApp\tools\os3dlib\res\web" to get the javascript code, and look at the div in this template file to see how to launch the app (you may compare the code of the template with the code generated by openspace at export).

hebdemnobad wrote:

i'm working on a proof of concept project (involving shared objects and divers being eaten by the creature

A "life simulation" like application?

Last edited by Nodrev (22-Apr-2011 14:13:19)

#8 22-Apr-2011 14:55:37

hebdemnobad
Website

i'm working on a proof of concept project (involving shared objects and divers being eaten by the creature
A "life simulation" like application?

thanks for your reply Nodrev. I am building a project where there is a collaboration server, and users' avatars are scuba divers with propulsion devices. when one gets to close to the kronosaurus, the user is booted out of the shared room and everyone sees a particle system of a cloud of blood in the water indicating that the diver got too close to the creature's mouth; it also triggers a new animation with the kronosaurus mesh of it thrashing around like a shark.

i'm doing this with blink 3d. to get it to work with openspace, i'll need to
1. set up a collaboration server of some kind (i don't know how to do that yet with openspace; i'd like to use this on my own server. blink3d uses opnefire, which is easy to set up)
2. have chat - looks like i'll have to read up on the tutorials a bit
3. have some shared objects (the users' avatars and perhaps the kronosaurus -same as 2
4, have an infinite plane (if possible)
5. buoyancy (can't do this in blink3d, and it doesn't look like openspace does that yet.)
6. ragdolls (can't do this in blink3d, and it doesn't look like openspace does that yet, although it looks like newton can do this, albeit with multiple meshes with balljoints.)
7. bone based physical models (can't do this in blink3d, and it doesn't look like openspace does that yet....from what i can see newton can't do this yet either)
8. use shaders (openspace seems to do this fine as far as i can tell)
9. parent particle systems to bones (i think openspace does this)

that's it in a nutshell

Board footer