Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 20-Aug-2017 16:23:51

Suricate

Issues with Green Screen

Hello:

I am trying to implement a transparent video into AR.

Here are my steps for now

Used Arkeon example greenscreen.xos no problem I can see the VanDamme greenscreen video working properly

In the same greenscreen.xos, replaced youtube URL by local greenscreen video, video working properly, transparency is fine

Open ARvideo demo, adding cutout materials, choose proper material into the plane mesh in the dummy.

Checked transparencey box in the video plugit, put my video, video is played with the green not being removed. (video is applied to proper material in the video plugit)

Tried with youtube vandamme video, same thing, video is no more played transparent.

closed Arvideo demo, back to greenscreen.xos , video is no longer played as transparent despite I didn't save the greenscreen.xos

Just in case downloaded again the greenscreen.xos, launched it without touching anything, same resulte, video is no more transparent.

Uninstallation of scol voyager , Openspace3D and deletion of openspace3d folder in Documents, reinstallation of openspace3d ok, transparency is working again for greenscreen.xos until I try to do it in Augmented Reality again , then it doesn't work for any project

Any ideas?

#2 21-Aug-2017 09:10:04

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Issues with Green Screen

Hello,

when you add the cutout material.
be sure to respect the loading order:
- cg and gles files first
- then add the .program file
- and finally the .material file

Otherwise you'll get error messages on material load and shaders won't be applied

#3 21-Aug-2017 14:08:07

Suricate

Thanks for the info Arkeon, I will have a look when I will be home.

What puzzles me is that when I try to implement the transparency in AR it breaks it in projects that worked before, including your own exemples.

If you have 5 minutes could you try to make a functional ARVideo xos using transparency I could use as a proof of concept and that I could try to then mimic?

Thanks

#4 21-Aug-2017 16:53:02

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Hello,
I did retest all this in OpenGL and DirectX and could not reproduce your issue.
It's possible that something has changed but I can't find out.

Did you edited the special material in the material editor ? maybe that changed something on it.

Board footer