Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 25-May-2017 21:04:31

damianburrin

newbie problem

Hi Guys I hope you can help.  I'm looking at using this as a tool at the school I work for.

I've come across two problems that I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Problem #1
In school running the portable version from an external drive everything runs fine except when you export to android I then get an error about not being able to generate the APK file.  References the keystore.  If I run the portable version from my laptop woth the same file it compiles and generates the APK file without issues.

Any Ideas?

Problem #2
I've been using it at home for a while and been running through tutorials in the book.  I've been able to install and run the apps on my Samsung S6 by copying them over to the SD card and installing them (unkown sources enabled)  however today, even though I've had no updates on my phone it now longer allows them to install.  Copying the file to my tablet and the apk file installs fine.  I can't see anything has changed but if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Damian

#2 25-May-2017 21:20:03

damianburrin

Re: newbie problem

Problem  resolved.  I was using a screen dimming app which overlays the screen and stops apps installing.  Any help with Problem #1 would be appreciated.  I am starting to think this could be a java version issue.

#3 25-May-2017 22:24:02

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Hello,

I did use the portable version on non administrator users and was able to export for android.
A possible issue could be where the pupils unzip the stand alone version.
Maybe non English character in the path prevent to use the android tools or make them fail. (this is just a possibility not a fact).

Please tell me if you find how to make it work on their computers. There is several users with issues on android export but I'm not able to find why or reproduce the issue.

#4 26-May-2017 07:48:14

damianburrin

I have unzipped OpenSpace to a USB Pen Drive and run it from there.  There are no restrictions for the user on the USB drive so shouldn't be a permissions issue.  The export runs but fails with the message about the APK file and this is the only file missing.

There are definitely no non English characters.  The file that fails on the desktop pc can then be created on my laptop from the same USB drive so the issue is something to do with how OpenSpace is working with the PC.

The PCs are Windows 7

#5 26-May-2017 08:17:09

damianburrin

OK I've tried copying of the java binaries as suggested in another post but no difference.  This is the error I get.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5owbct249yihu … e.PNG?dl=0

#6 26-May-2017 14:21:08

damianburrin

@arkeon  are there any software/hardware requirements or specific permissions that might be causing us problems when using the portable version?

It makes no sense that it works on my laptop and home pc but in school we get this error.  I've even logged on as administrator to rule out any security permission and we get the same problem.  This software is awesome but it just won't export

#7 26-May-2017 22:48:57

arkeon
Website

well maybe it don't like export from the usb key?! did you tried to copy it on the desktop ?
Sometimes you can get more infos about the error in the log area of OS3D (resize the bottom bar).

This part of the code only use java and android ndk files to make the apk. this is not a code we can change or debug so we can just try to understand why it happens ^^.

#8 27-May-2017 16:03:51

damianburrin

>well maybe it don't like export from the usb key?! did you tried to copy it on the desktop ?
Its not that @arkeon - It works from a laptop correctly but form non of the school machines.  I've even tried a full desktop install on a PC and run it in admin mode on both a windows 7 and 10 client

>Sometimes you can get more infos about the error in the log area of OS3D (resize the bottom bar).
Yep - checked no other comments.  Doesn't even commnet on this error last log says saved succesfully

>This part of the code only use java and android ndk files to make the apk. this is not a code we can change or debug so we can just try to understand why it happens ^^.
Does it use its own Java binaries from within the OS3D folder or the client ones.  The issue is clearly our end as it works on a stand alone laptop I've brought in but for it not to work on any PC in my lab (30) or and of the school laptops does suggest that there is some prerequisite for OpenSpace to run on a client machine.  Whether this is access to write to a specific folder other than its own or specific version of some file that is local to the PC.

I can't get over the fact it runs fine on my personal laptop from this USB drive but not on any PC at work.

Hopefully this can be sorted as this is an awesome program and our students would love to use it.  I've also recommend it to several other schools/colleges its just a shame this problem keeps cropping up.

#9 27-May-2017 17:56:02

arkeon
Website

the only needed java and android ndk files are in the OS3D android folder. So you should not need to install java or anything.
Did you tried to disable the antivirus software ? this antivirus are a pain in the a** with false positives.

#10 27-May-2017 20:04:54

damianburrin

Turning off AV in school is way out of my paygrade and not really an option.  I can't believe its that though and no warnings are given.  I'm running AV at home and on my laptop without issue.

I think school uses a version of MS defender - I will check when we go back after the break.

So frustraiting this software was key to our new course being able to be run the way we wanted but looks like it won't happen now if I can't find a resolution.

If it is AV is there any specific files I need to white list we could never just disable it.

Damian

#11 28-May-2017 04:29:30

arkeon
Website

There is a lot of trouble with current AV and not only on OS3D. No they don't warm the user when they stop a task. This happen with the OS3D installer when you install it, because the installer download and install OS3D in different parts (android, IOS...)

I've stopped to use AV software when they start the make the code compilation stop with no reason as they found a ghost virus in microsoft compilation tools. I was also tired of messages saying the computer is slow and it will get faster if I buy their product. (uninstall the av get my computer faster indeed smile) So for now I just have the microsoft defender that come in windows.
Also avast and other use a rank to tell the user if the software you download is clean or not, downloaded files under 1 000 000 downloads are just dangerous software for them.

Anyway I can't be sure it is an AV issue. Check if the school computer use the same version and AV than your computers.

Also try to start OS3D in admin mode to see if this is a right issue.

Finally try to replace the java binaries in the androidDeployerTools\bin and androidDeployerTools\lib folder with the version you can find on the computer install for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin and C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib

Last thing do you use 32bits or 64bits systems ?

#12 28-May-2017 15:43:25

damianburrin

We are using 64 bit versions of Win 7 and 10.

I'm off work next week as it's half-term but will try the other ideas when I get back and let you know

#13 28-May-2017 17:52:53

arkeon
Website

ok thanks

#14 1-Jun-2017 15:23:02

arkeon
Website

Hello, I think I just found out what happened on your computers at school.

I had problems with my internet connection at work. And ran into the same issue as yours.
It seems Android / java files used to generate the apk file check something online (no idea why). So if there is no internet connection the android export fail hmm

#15 1-Jun-2017 15:38:09

damianburrin

Nope it can't be that.  The laptop I had at work didn't have an internet connection and works fine, the school PCs all have internet connection and none work :-(

Do you know the url its trying to access though.  I can at least rule this out by making sure it's whitelisted

#16 1-Jun-2017 19:12:25

arkeon
Website

Arggg... no idea, but once the internet connection come back the export worked again...
If this is network related maybe this is on firewall settings there is an issue.

Just found that : https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=tr# … Y4egWLd1jo
also you can search google "aapt.exe firewall"

It seems it have to be allowed in firewalls or it can be blocked by network security apps or antivirus

#17 5-Jun-2017 19:08:06

damianburrin

Looks like we're getting closer. You are right @arkon it is an internet issue.  There has to be an internet connection for the APK export to work.  I can replicate this now.  However the school machines do have an internet connection so it must be trying to access speicifc website or via a specific port that is being blocked by our school system.

How on earth do I track that down :-(

Thanks

#18 5-Jun-2017 19:49:54

arkeon
Website

does it work if you add an exception on the aapt.exe file in the windows firewall ?

#19 5-Jun-2017 19:56:35

damianburrin

I don't have that level of access.  All I can do is put a request in for that :-(

#20 5-Jun-2017 20:06:03

arkeon
Website

it's really strange, I can't find any aapt / internet explanation anywhere

#21 5-Jun-2017 20:23:42

arkeon
Website

test the following address in the browsers www. example. com (without spaces)
Some firewall / antivirus consider this address as a virus attempt if aapt test the insternet connection on this address it can make it fail.

maybe you could also try to download the android sdk and replace the aapt.exe file provided with os3d by a more recent one.
I can't find anywhere what the aapt.exe do on the internet.

#22 6-Jun-2017 08:43:18

damianburrin

I've just downloaded the android SDK and  when you unpack it theere is no file called aapt.exe.  Can you send me a link.

#23 6-Jun-2017 10:23:48

arkeon
Website

the file is in android-sdk-windows\build-tools\

#24 6-Jun-2017 20:29:20

damianburrin

From here?

https://developer.android.com/studio/in … #downloads

I've jyst download the SDK tools pack from the bottom and unpacked them.  There is no file of that name there

Damian

#25 6-Jun-2017 21:51:15

arkeon
Website

well the new Android system is even more complicated....
2go download to grap a small file...

when you install Android studio with android sdk
search for the android sdk path it should be in a build-tools\ directory

Board footer