Scolring - Forum

Entraides et échanges autour de la technologie Scol - Informations and exchanges on the Scol technology

Vous pouvez changer la langue de l'interface une fois inscrit - You can change the language once registered

You are not logged in.

#1 18-Jan-2017 12:50:23

cel

Support for je vois module?

Taking the heavy lifting off your app... could we get support to access this module?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 … escription

#2 18-Jan-2017 13:44:05

arkeon
Admin. / Scol language & OpenSpace3D developer
Website

Re: Support for je vois module?

it's a very interesting project, but from what I understood it can already be used with os3d and an arduino.

The camera embed the algorithms and "talk" about the found markers with an arduino API.
It can also be used with the Serial plugIT to get the commands from the camera to OS3D directly.

Demo/development mode: the smart camera outputs a demo display over USB that shows the results of its analysis, possibly along with simple results communicated over serial port (e.g., coordinates and content of any QRcode that has been identified).

Text-only mode: the smart camera provides no USB output, but only text strings, for example, commands for a pan/tilt controller.

Pre-processing mode: the smart camera outputs video that is intended for machine consumption, for example an edge map computed over the video frames captured by the camera sensor, or a set of image crops around the 3 most interesting objects in the scene. This video can then be further processed by the host computer, for example, using a massive deep neural network running on a cluster of high-power GPUs to recognize the three most interesting objects that the smart camera has detected. Text outputs over serial are of course also possible in this mode.

#3 18-Jan-2017 13:47:59

arkeon
Website

I ordered one smile

#4 18-Jan-2017 13:50:44

cel

but will the serial plug it fast enough?? I know, have to try it.... ordered one as well as soon as I saw it smile

#5 18-Jan-2017 14:00:39

arkeon
Website

It's serial communication, you will not forward the camera picture but what it detects.

Board footer